In 2004, my colleague Amal Henein and I, undertook a pan-Canadian research project seeking answers to the following questions:
- How is Canadian Leadership different from that of other countries?
- How effective is the Canadian Leadership brand and how can we expand our capacity to lead?
- How can we ensure Canada has an abundant supply of capable leaders?
- How can we strengthen our leadership presence and impact, particularly in the international arena?
To discover a wide variety of perspectives and paint a complete picture, we set out to interview two key groups likely to have expertise on these topics:
- Successful leaders in all sectors of the economy and regions of the country (295 interviewees)
- Leadership development professionals in variety of settings and sectors (66 interviewees).
Throughout the research, we ensured regional, linguistic and diverse representation: gender, age, ethnic background, people with disabilities etc. The research resulted in Made in Canada Leadership, published in 2007 in both official languages.
Haven’t read Part 1 yet? Part 1: Branding Context & Impact
 Henein, A. & Morissette, F. (2007). Made in Canada Leadership, Wiley Canada.
 The French version is entitled: Leadership, Sagesse, Pratique, Développement, Éditions de l’Université de Sherbrooke.