Devising Effective Strategies for Recruiting, Retaining, Training, and Developing Your Talent Pool
Talent management has emerged as a top priority for organizations over the last decade and has only been accelerated by the pandemic. The need to design and implement agile and flexible talent management programs has never been more critical in attracting and retaining top talent. The challenges posed for organizations managing geographically dispersed workforces, the ongoing supply and demand issues for top-talent, and the need to keep pace with the speed of technological, environmental, and social change are unprecedented.
What will set organizations apart is an integrated, human-centred, and forward-thinking approach to talent management design and implementation, that aligns with strategic priorities. In this program, you will learn how to develop leaders to effectively manage remote and hybrid teams, plug identified gaps in your workforce plan, and keep the pipeline filled with skilled and motivated workers who are aligned with organizational goals and values.
Our module-by-module overview introduces the topics that will be explored in depth over the course of the program.
Module 1: Introduction to Talent Management: Setting the Foundation for a Successful Talent Management Strategy
- Understand the components of an effective and integrated talent management strategy
- Examine the key roles and responsibilities required to successfully implement your talent management programs
- Identify critical success factors in rolling out talent management tools and processes
Module 2: Strategic Talent Planning: Having the Right Talent, in the Right Place, at the Right Time
- Design a workforce planning forecast framework for your organization
- Understand how to differentiate and segment your workforce
- Identify and assess the critical internal and external conditions that will impact and shape your plan
Module 3: Succession Planning and Performance Management: Designing a High-Value Talent Assessment and Succession Plan
- Identify and evaluate critical roles
- Use the 9-Box Framework to guide a leadership discussion that will calibrate talent
- Discover how to manage performance remotely and leverage coaching skills to have effective conversations
Module 4: Talent Acquisition: Elevate Your Sourcing Strategy and Diversify Your Employee Base
- Assess your organization’s current sourcing strategy
- Understand the components of developing an effective sourcing plan
- Acquire the critical skills and practices to recruit diverse groups of candidates and build an inclusive experience
Module 5: Learning, Development, and Leadership: Building the Workforce of the Future
- Explore how to design an effective learning and career pathing strategy
- Align your learning and development strategy to organizational priorities
- Identify the core components required to create a culture of learning, and discover how to leverage learning to mobilize your workforce
Module 6: Engagement and Retention: How to Become an Employer of Choice
- Design an effective engagement strategy
- Use the main principles of EDI in designing and implementing your engagement and retention plans
- Identify and implement key retention strategies in remote and hybrid work environments
Module 7: HR Metrics: Leveraging HR Analytics to Make Your Talent Management Strategy a Success
- Explore what metrics to use to assess each component of your talent management strategy
- Leverage metrics in decision-making and planning
- Create templates to track key data
- Understand the key components needed to successfully develop an effective and aligned talent management strategy
- Recognize the steps required to effectively modernize your performance management program
- Forecast future skills requirements and conduct a gap analysis
- Use tools and processes to successfully acquire and develop top talent
- Explore best practices for designing a high-value succession plan
- Design a plan to engage and retain skilled talent
- Examine the HR metrics and measures required to track progress and improve decision-making
- Improved strategic capabilities for your HR function
- Modernized talent management programs that adapt to the pace of change
- Internal experts and advocates for talent management
- Alignment of talent management systems and organizational goals and values
Who Should Attend
Human Resources Professionals
Gain the tools you need to develop an effective talent management strategy.
Organizational Development Professionals
Develop the skills to acquire and develop top talent for your organization.
Learn how to examine and measure HR metrics and measures to track progress and professional development.
Facilitators and Speakers
Receive practical tools and approaches that are easy to take back to the workplace and implement at both the team and organizational levels.