Practical and Effective Conflict Resolution Skills for Managing Everyday Workplace Disputes
Every workplace experiences conflicts. How we respond to and handle these issues is an important measure of our effectiveness as managers and leaders.
Strategies for Workplace Conflicts focuses on how managers and leaders approach common workplace disputes in a constructive and effective way. Using case studies, hands-on exercises and small group work, you will learn how to anticipate and better understand the dynamics of workplace conflicts. This highly interactive program features practical tools and multiple exercises that build on one another as well as extended opportunities to practice different intervention strategies and conflict resolution skills in the context of common everyday workplace interactions. You will leave with a number of tools and techniques to assist you to deal with challenging situations.
- Analyze conflicts to determine root causes, opportunities, and appropriate options/responses
- Respond to different types of organizational, interpersonal, intra-team, and inter-team conflicts
- Increase the types of strategies and responses available for conflict situations
- Factor in the many organizational dynamics that impact conflict (e.g. power, gender, culture etc.)
- Manage conversations with people demonstrating high emotion or difficult behaviours
- Identify specific implications of different types of conflict
- Understand, prevent and de-escalate digital media conflicts
- Handle spontaneous conflictual interactions
- Analyze whether your organizational structure is contributing to conflict
- Improve your own reflective and self-care practices
- An enhanced capacity to deal with everyday work conflicts using proven strategies
- Increase in skills to understand, prevent and de-escalate in-person and digital media conflicts
- Coaching tips for guiding team members to take a constructive approach to conflict
- Approaches for analyzing conflictual situations and raising difficult issues
- Skills and tools for handling spontaneous conflict situations
- Tools and processes for working with team conflicts, and developing an effective response
- Analysis to help you assess whether organizational structures may be contributing to conflict in your workplace
Who Should Attend
HR and LR Professionals
Manage conflict more productively.
Managers and Supervisors
Learn how to approach common workplace disputes in a constructive and effective manner.
Anticipate and better understand the dynamics of workplace conflicts.
Lawyers and Mediators
Gain tools and techniques to manage challenging situations.
Facilitators and Speakers
- Conflict manual with toolkit
- Dynamics of Conflict by Bernard Mayer
- Action and analysis worksheets
- Tools for analyzing potential and actual conflict
- Tools for dealing with high emotion and difficult behaviours