Queen’s IRC has interviewed many of our expert facilitators, speakers and staff, in the areas of Labour Relations, Human Resources and Organizational Development. These interviews are available on our YouTube channel. We encourage you to take the time to check out these videos.
Al Loyst – Coach/speaker at the Negotiation Skills and Managing Unionized Environments programs
Andy MacDonald – Coach at the Negotiation Skills program
- Why is collective bargaining training important?
- How has the Negotiation Skills program helped you as a negotiator?
Anne Grant – Facilitator for the Labour Relations Foundations and Mastering Fact-Finding and Investigation programs
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of different models of collective bargaining?
- What are the 4 phases of collective bargaining?
- What are the common barriers to effective fact-finding?
Brenda Barker Scott – Facilitator for the Organizational Design, OD Foundations, HR Decision Making and Building Smart Teams programs
- What’s the importance of teamwork to organizational design?
- Why do managers want to build their structure around people?
- Where does change management fit in organizational design?
- What is the Queen’s IRC Blueprint for Diagnosing Organizational Effectiveness?
- What economic factors affect an organization’s ability to change and develop?
- How has the organizational development field evolved?
- What is the 4-D process?
- What are the critical roles in a team?
- Where do teams go wrong?
- Why is teamwork essential to successful organizations?
Carol Beatty – Facilitator for the Change Management program, and past Director of Queen’s IRC
- What do most organizations struggle with when beginning a change project?
- What are the hot topics in the change field?
- How can an organization create support for change?
- What factors in today’s economy are affecting an organization’s ability to manage change?
Craig Flood – Guest speaker at the Labour Arbitration Skills program
- What are the challenges of the arbitration process?
- Can you share a memorable experience in arbitration?
- How has new technology impacted arbitration cases?
Derik McArthur – Coach at the Labour Relations Foundations program
Gary Furlong – Lead Facilitator for the Negotiation Skills and Managing Unionized Environments programs
- What do most organizations struggle with when engaged in collective bargaining?
- How is today’s economy affecting collective bargaining?
- How can the dynamics of collective bargaining impact the outcome of your negotiations?
- What challenges do organizations and labour relations practitioners face today?
Henry Dinsdale – Speaker at the Labour Relations Foundations program
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using arbitration to address workplace conflict?
- In an arbitration, what should participants focus on?
Jim Harrison – Facilitator for the Linking HR Strategy to Business Strategy program
- Why is it important for HR professionals to learn business strategy?
- How should an HR professional sell their ideas to the business leaders?
Paul Juniper – Queen’s IRC Director, and Facilitator for the Linking HR Strategy to Business Strategy, Strategic Workforce Planning, and Advanced HR programs
- What is the future of HR in Canada today?
- Why is professional development training important?
- How do we raise the bar on HR?
Peter Edwards – Guest Speaker for Labour Relations Foundations and Change Management
- How do you create a higher performance culture?
- What lessons have you learned in HR?
- What is the spectrum of leaders?
- Why is it necessary for companies to change and adapt?
Join us online for new videos, articles and information: