Summer is here and many of us are already taking vacations and spending some quality time with our family and friends. I am currently attending our summer Negotiation Skills program, being offered in beautiful downtown Halifax. At the IRC, we are reflecting on the spring program season and preparing for the fall. I would like to take a minute to thank all the people who attend our programs and the organizations who sponsor them. Congratulations to those who have earned their certificates.
This spring, we introduced three new programs. Our Strategies for Workplace Conflicts program teaches practical and effective conflict resolution skills for managing everyday workplace disputes. This program will run again Nov 21-23, 2017 in Toronto. Our Performance Management program is designed to give participants insights and competency in the key strategies, methods and processes for performance management. It will be offered October 18-19, 2017 in Calgary. We also introduced our Designing Collaborative Workplaces program, which focuses on advancing high performance teams and creating a new workplace culture. It runs again on Sept 26-28, 2017 in Toronto.
This fall, we will celebrate our 80th anniversary. Please stay tuned for more details about our plans so you can celebrate with us. We are also working on designing new programs to be launched in 2018.
I am proud of the work we are doing at Queen’s IRC and I encourage you to take a few minutes to review the excellent papers and articles we have released this spring:
- Performance Management - Many Possibilities...and Implications - Ian Cullwick
- Best Practices for the Union-Management Relationship in the Workplace - Gary Furlong
- Creating a Collaborative Workplace: Amplifying Teamwork in Your Organization - Brenda Barker Scott
- The Golden Years: The Aging Workforce and Human Rights Matters - Deborah Hudson
- 5 Questions to Help You “Sell” the Value of HR - Jim Harrison
- The Power of Cognitive Behavioural Techniques in the Workplace - Pamela Munt-Madill
Looking for more? Check out Top 5 Queen's IRC Articles from 2016