As the year draws to a close, I would like to take a minute to reflect on the past few months, and to thank the people who have attended our programs and the organizations who have sponsored them.
This year Queen’s IRC Director Paul Juniper was renewed for another 5-year term. Under Paul’s leadership, we remain committed to running and developing programs to address the needs of human resources and labour relations professionals as they navigate the new world of work.
Our newest program, Strategies for Workplace Conflicts, teaches practical and effective conflict resolution skills for managing everyday workplace disputes. We have just added another date – it will run February 14-16, 2017 in Toronto, in addition to May 2-4, 2017 in Kingston and November 21-23, 2017 in Toronto.
This fall, we published an e-book, The Easy, Hard & Tough Work of Managing Change, written by Dr. Carol A. Beatty. It is a compilation of the best practices, frameworks, guidelines, case studies, examples and checklists that Carol has developed through her many years of researching, teaching and facilitating change in organizations. We celebrated the launch of this e-book in November in Toronto. (Pictures) It is available as a free download on our website: The Easy, Hard & Tough Work of Managing Change.
I am so proud of the work we are doing at Queen’s IRC. I encourage you to curl up on a snowy evening or take time while travelling this holiday season to review the excellent papers and articles we have released this fall.
- The Paradox of Leadership: Cooperating to Compete, Following to Lead - Bernie Mayer
- Transforming HR Data into Business Insight: A Closer Look at the HR Metrics and Analytics Program - Cathy Sheldrick
- A Futurist's Look at IR/HR - Why it's Time to Start Over: 2015 Don Wood Lecture in Industrial Relations - Peter Edwards
- Aligning HR Strategies to Create Business Success: Lessons Learned Over 30 Years - Philip Wilson
- 4 Strategies for Collective Bargaining Success - Gary Furlong
- Participation or Pseudo-Participation? Change Agent Challenges in Implementing Organizational Change - Kate Sikerbol
- The Stewardship of Service Excellence at the City of Vaughan: Reflections on Sustaining Momentum, Building Capacity and Focus During Transformational Change - Beverley Patwell, Christina Bruce, Leah Zilnik, Laura Mirabella-Siddall
- How Alberta is Eradicating Homelessness through Systems Thinking and Transformation - Françoise Morissette
- FREE E-BOOK: The Easy, Hard & Tough Work of Managing Change - Dr. Carol A Beatty
To view a list of articles from Spring 2016, please see the list on our website: Looking Back on Spring 2016...