Strategic Workforce Planning
Building a Foundational Blueprint for Long-Term Growth (Formerly Succession Planning)
An aging workforce, increased employee turnover, global workforce opportunities and a wide range of other factors are resulting in a talent shortage for many organizations. It’s clear that new approaches for recruiting, engaging and growing tomorrow’s leaders are needed for long-term growth.
Our Strategic Workforce Planning program gives you the tools to accurately assess your current situation and develop a solid succession plan that takes into account the many economic and demographic influences that can impact your workforce.
Our Strategic Workforce Planning program gives you a deeper understanding of the various factors that affect succession planning, as well as valuable tools for enhancing existing plans or building a foundational blueprint for long-term growth.
a) Understanding Succession Planning
You’ll learn about the fundamentals of strategic workforce planning and the evolution of planning in an evolving world, with exercises that integrate relevant data into a planning framework that identifies barriers and facilitators to future growth.
b) Creating a Plan
We'll use future-based scenarios to clearly identify potential issues that may affect your organization at the systemic level. You’ll also learn how to identify and nurture high potential employees, and where to invest in training for an optimal employee and customer experience.
c) Succession Planning in Action
Successful succession planning is deeply rooted in an organization's operational plans and goals. You'll learn how to incorporate your plan into your overall strategic plan and how to communicate value to employees to build engagement for future growth.
By the end of the week, you will be better positioned to:
- Assess your organization’s talent capacity and employee engagement
- Use a range of financial and economic metrics to fully evaluate the effectiveness of your plan and determine whether your current structure supports long-term growth
- Recognize potential pitfalls in succession planning
- Take a proactive approach to building your talent pipeline
- Establish or enhance an existing framework to implement initiatives outlined in your plan
Tools for Long-Term Growth
This program promises to deliver:
- Tools for identifying the potential and goals of your team members
- Succession planning frameworks to measure and enhance your plan
- A greater understanding of next-generation behaviour and values
- Resources for engaging talent at all levels within your organization
- Tools for measuring current practices and enhancing the strength of your organization’s succession planning initiatives
- Templates for engaging others in culture change
Executives, managers, and HR professionals who will lead strategy and implementation of initiatives related to succession planning within their organizations
Paul Juniper (MA, Geography (York); CHRL; SPHR; SHRM-SCP; Honourary Life Member, HRPA) became the sixth Director of the Queen's University Industrial Relations Centre (Queen’s IRC) in 2006. Paul is a leading and respected figure in Canada's HR community, with over 30 years of experience in human resources and association leadership.
Paul is particularly sought for his views on the future of the human resources profession. He speaks regularly at conferences on trends in human resources, and the ways in which individuals and their organizations can continue to raise the bar on HR. Paul developed and designed the Queen’s IRC Advanced HR Certificate to meet the increasingly complex professional development needs of...
Read the full bio for Paul Juniper