Building Essential Skills to Engage Individuals and Organizations
A talented and knowledgeable workforce provides an exceptional competitive advantage in today’s global economy. Coaching plays a vital role in developing that talent and in fostering a culture that empowers, motivates and retains your future leaders.
Our Coaching Skills program provides the context for coaching’s growing importance in the workplace, highlighting the reasons for its rapidly growing popularity. It also offers hands-on learning opportunities to develop and practice coaching skills for a wide range of workplace scenarios. Participants will learn to use proven models to facilitate coaching conversations and enhance capacity at all levels.
Coaching Skills gives participants the skills they need to nurture potential and engage individuals and organizations for improved performance and positive growth.
a) Coaching Fundamentals
Through a review of concepts and the evolution of coaching in the workplace, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the coaching process. You’ll learn about individual and organizational coaching goals, and how they impact growth and performance.
b) Coaching in Action
In the workplace, coaching is used for finding a way forward: problem-solving, development, and performance.
- Portability: applies to individuals, teams and groups
- Orientation: works in every direction whether top down, bottom up and sideways
- Providers: delivered through various resources including managers, peers, direct reports, talent professionals and external experts
- Goal Setting: agenda can be driven by both coach or coachee
- Formats: can be used in formal and informal settings
c) Coaching Mastery
The coaching process is relatively easy to master, and basic proficiency can be achieved rapidly. Afterwards, it’s a matter of expanding on that foundation. You’ll learn how to develop strategies for growing your skills and raise the performance bar in your organization.
Transforming Knowledge into Action
Learn how to:
- Effectively use a proven coaching methodology: the GROW Model
- Appropriately use coaching for problem solving, development and performance
- Master coaching dynamics, psychological drivers, skills and tools, through various scenario-based exercises
- Leverage coaching to build individual and organizational capability
Essential Skills to Engage and Inspire
This program promises to deliver:
- The easy to use, internationally acclaimed GROW Model
- Essential coaching skills: Listening, Questioning, Feedback
- Psychological Drivers that impact coaching: threat & reward brain responses, trust, and motivation
- Experiential practice opportunities for a wide range of perspectives and situations
- Appreciation of the psychological drivers impacting coaching, and how to leverage them positively
- Greater understanding of when and where to use coaching for individual and organizational success
- GROW coaching model
- Skills blueprint: Listening, Questioning & Feedback
- Psychological Drivers Map
- Coaching applications and implications
- Reference materials for foundational coaching concepts
HR professionals, managers and influencers who want to improve their coaching skills and impact organizational growth.
Françoise Morissette has been a facilitator at Queen’s IRC since 1994, and was made a Fellow in 2006. She played a key role in developing and implementing the Queen’s IRC’s Organizational Development curriculum intended for OD practitioners, and teaches on the OD Foundations and Coaching Skills programs.
Françoise is a major contributor to the field of Organizational Development, with an emphasis on leadership and systems transformation. Through a variety of interventions, she helps individuals, organizations and communities enhance their leadership capacity. Her practice takes her within Canada and internationally. Françoise is a Certified Professional Coach, and she leverages coaching in her...
Read the full bio for Françoise Morissette