Building Essential Skills to Engage Individuals and Organizations
A talented and knowledgeable workforce provides an exceptional competitive advantage in today’s global economy. Coaching plays a vital role in developing that talent and fostering a culture that mentors, motivates and retains your future leaders.
Our Coaching Skills program offers hands-on learning opportunities to develop and implement coaching skills for a range of situations in the workplace. Participants will explore several methodologies and their impact, and learn how to apply proven models to facilitate conversation and improve performance at all organizational levels.
Coaching Skills gives participants the skills they need to nurture potential and engage individuals and organizations for improved performance and positive growth.
a) Coaching Fundamentals
Through a review of concepts and the evolution of coaching in the workplace, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the coaching process. You’ll learn about individual and organizational coaching goals, and how they impact growth and performance.
b) Coaching for Development
We’ll use case studies to discuss the various aspects of development and how coaching can impact and transform your team members at various phases in their career. You’ll have the opportunity to practice your new skills using real scenarios and role-playing exercises.
c) Coaching in Action
Explore your personal coaching style and how to identify your strengths and areas for improvement. You’ll also learn how to leverage your style and develop strategies for growing your skills to raise the performance bar in your organization.
Transforming Knowledge into Action
Learn how to:
- Assess and understand various coaching methods and their application in the workplace
- Master the coaching process through various scenario-based exercises
- Use coaching as a development tool
- Improve performance at the individual and organizational level
Essential Skills to Engage and Inspire
This program promises to deliver:
- Tools for understanding and assessing your own coaching preferences and style
- Essential coaching skills and models
- Experiential learning opportunities using a range of perspectives and situations
- A greater understanding of when and where to use coaching for individual and organizational success
- GROW coaching model, process and tools
- Database of coaching questions
- Coaching quiz and styles tool
- Reference materials for foundational coaching concepts
HR professionals, managers and influencers who want to improve their coaching skills and impact organizational growth.
Françoise Morissette has been a facilitator at Queen’s IRC since 1994, and was made a Fellow in 2006. She played a key role in developing and implementing the Queen’s IRC’s Organizational Development curriculum intended for OD practitioners, and teaches on the OD Foundations and Coaching Skills programs.
As a consultant, Françoise is a major contributor to the field of Organizational Development, with a focus on leadership and systems transformation. Using a wide range of interventions, she helps individuals, organizations and communities enhance their leadership capacity and boost their ability to perform. She regularly presents at major conferences in both official languages, in Canada and...
Read the full bio for Françoise Morissette