The tough work of change management is the critical piece in successful change projects. This tough work is often neglected by change leaders and change agents, who place too much emphasis on high-level change planning and not enough emphasis on implementation.
Based on more than twenty years of Dr. Carol A. Beatty’s research, The Easy, Hard & Tough Work of Managing Change walks you through the change management process, from start to finish.
This free e-book takes the complex concepts of change management and makes them as simple as possible, offering frameworks, guidelines, checklists and key questions to ensure that all of the important issues in a change initiative are not neglected. Case studies and examples enable the reader to work through these concepts and apply them to their own change initiatives.
Dr. Beatty draws conclusions about the key success factors of planned change, based on her change management research in hundreds of organizations and relevant literature.
In this e-book, you will learn:
- How to choose the right people with the right skills to plan and implement a successful change project, including a change champion, a steering committee, an executive sponsor and implementation teams.
- How to create a sense of urgency for the change throughout the organization.
- The steps to create an inspiring change vision that will truly motivate people to buy into the change.
- How to create a complete roadmap for implementing your change successfully, using a framework and key questions.
- Ways to deal with resistance to change, convert resisters and create support for the change.
- The essential role of communication during change, including a communications model and advice to help you develop your own communication plan.
- How to find a change leader with the skills and attributes of a true change champion.
Learn more about the Queen’s IRC Change Management program, which was designed by Dr. Carol A. Beatty and is based on her research.